General Plan of Activities
In order to achieve the goals expressed in its Terms of Reference, the WG is organising
concrete activities within its 4-year time plan. Below we list our proposed activities planned
up to 2008. This activity plan will be updated and augmented continuously.
Remarks and proposals, including new activities, are welcomed and should be sent to the WG secretary.
- Regular exchange of information with the WG members through letters.
- Establishment of a WEB page for the working group
- 2005, July 25-29
Co-organize an invited session Spaceborne Traffic Monitoring from SAR and Optical Data (Jointly Organized with ISPRS WG III/5) of IGARSS05 in Seoul, Korea
- 2005, August 29-30
Co-organize the Joint Workshop of ISPRS and DAGM 'Object Extraction for 3D City Models, Road Databases and Traffic Monitoring - Concepts, Algorithms, and Evaluation (CMRT05) in Vienna, Austria, together ISPRS WG III/4 'Image interpretation for city modelling'
- Editing the conference proceedings of CMRT05
- Organization of the invited session 'Urban Remote Sensing' at EUSAR 2006, Dresden, Germany, (Focus on building and road extraction), (10 invited papers)
- Organization of the invited session 'SAR Urban Monitoring' at IGARSS'06, Denver, USA, (Focus on building and road extraction), (10 invited papers)
- Organization of a Theme Issue "Air- and Spaceborne Traffic Monitoring" in the ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (10 papers)
- 2006, September 19-22
Reviewer and member of the program committee of the Commission III Symposium in Bonn, Germany
- 2006, December 01
Co-organize a Theme Issue Air- and Spaceborne Traffic Monitoring in the ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Organization of an invited session at URBAN 2007 in Paris, France (6 invited papers)
- 2007, September 19-21
Organize a conference on ,,Photogrammetric Image Analysis (PIA) in conjunction with the other working groups of Commission III, follow up of the 2003 conference to be held in Munich, Germany
- 2008, February
Co-organize a Special Issue on Remote Sensing Data Fusion in the Journal of Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing (PE&RS)
Organize sessions at the ISPRS congress in Beijing, China